I muse on the unreality of Television.

EDIT: Yesterday when I wrote this, I struggled for an analogy to emphasise what I meant. I found a quote from Henry Makow today that truly suffices

 "Although Plato lived 2400 years ago, his analogy of the cave anticipates the mass media, especially TV and movies. The analogy compares humanity with slaves shackled in a cave. Their reality consists of shadows projected on the wall in front of them from a fire behind"

EDIT: Another useful quote comes from the "protocols of zion". Which Bill Cooper stated is not Jewish but is illuminati. So any use of the word goy (as in goyim) should not be taken to mean gentile, but to mean something more akin to "sheeple", i.e. the unawake

"We have already contrived to possess the minds of the 'goy' communities...[they're] looking through spectacles we are setting astride their noses" (Protocol 12)

Although Plato lived 2400 years ago
Although Plato lived 2400 years ago
Although Plato lived 2400 years ago, his analogy of the cave anticipates the mass media, especially TV and movies. The analogy compares humanity with slaves shackled in a cave. Their reality consists of shadows projected on the wall in front of them from a fire behind. - See more at: http://henrymakow.com/#sthash.3TQV42Fr.dpuf
Although Plato lived 2400 years ago, his analogy of the cave anticipates the mass media, especially TV and movies. The analogy compares humanity with slaves shackled in a cave. Their reality consists of shadows projected on the wall in front of them from a fire behind. - See more at: http://henrymakow.com/#sthash.3TQV42Fr.dpuf

Americans spend an average 34 hours a week viewing whilst Brits an average of 30. We call it 'viewing' but the reality is far more sinister. What we are witnessing on TV is actually messing with our minds, its corrupting us.

Television is a portal to another universe. Its an idol without arms or legs or eyes or ears, and it absorbs us for almost as many hours as our jobs. We've been conditioned to view it as normal, as a comforter. Smash that TV to bits and cast its remains into the dustbin, grieve for it, and I wonder if you would spend as many hours indoors as you do now. I wonder if you spend as much time alone as you do. TV is a big vice in my life. I spend more hours looking away from it than I do looking at it, but within a tenth of a second of my eyes focusing towards the screen I can feel its effects. Its hypnotic.

Its a known reality among older folk that people go to bed far later than they once did. Even todays pensioners can be sitting up past midnight. But just 50 years ago, many families were in bed at 9 or 10pm. Yet that big evil box in our living rooms has steadily increased its 'on-time' and people have adjusted to suit it.

TV of course isn't real. Yet our brain sees it as real, to quote Plinkett - you didn't see it, but your brain did. What we consciously perceive as a TV show (its 'only' a TV show) our subconscious sees it as reality. That's why a person pretending to die of a terminal illness in a soap opera, can reduce grown men to tears. It's also why people can be so easily manipulated by con artists and hucksters.

I said earlier that its a portal to a different universe. In a way it is, of course I was perhaps a little over the top there, but the principle exists that TV show makers depend on us to believe what they're seeing (suspension of disbelief), it doesn't matter if what we see isn't real, its what we believe that matters. Thats why there are many folks who are considering the possibility that the next big false flag will in fact be humungous, far bigger than 9/11 - but in fact it will be fake and not happen. Its actually possible as well. After all - I believe 9/11 happened - yet I've never been to New York, I never saw the planes go in the building for myself, yet I believe it. Thanks to the TV. Is it too much of a stretch that a fake alien invasion occurred, or people were convinced that an asteroid was going to hit the earth? I don't think it is. The people who witnessed these things would be the first to die, so you wouldn't need to convince them.

But theres another more immediate issue with television, the corruption of youth. Otherwise successful, kind, generous and loving human beings are witness to every manner of horror, they are conditioned to become oblivious to violence - truly disgusting violence - and to enjoy it, to crave it even. I'm not saying they will ever commit violence because of it, but its their minds and souls, and an apathy that seems to come from it. We see so much that we disassociate from it. Something only Jesus Christ can fix. I empathize with victims on TV, I feel sick to my stomach to see people in pain, fake or not - that's something I thank God for. I am also glad that every now and again, the Lord pushes me, taps me on my shoulder and says "TV is fake, look at how fake these people are, turn away, do something else". How many people - Christians - watch Pop Idol, or American Idol and never see the contradiction, the hypocrisy?

How many people watch talk shows where celebrities interview celebrities? How futile, and wasteful is it for a person to watch this stuff, what gives these people the right to your time? When your time could be spent doing anything from helping those in need, to even writing a blog like this? You could be doing something else, yet you hear about how much fun some shallow, self absorbed individual had receiving an award, someone who claims Christ yet denies them in their actions.

Remember folks, christian or not, its quite obvious that something is wrong in this world, whatever you think the cause is, whoever you think is going to save you, I would suggest you start looking at the promises of Jesus, and the evidence that supports him in his claims. I say this with confidence, knowing that only God himself can grant salvation to someone. Look at what Jesus promises you, and compare it to what TV gives. Reality against unreality - reality wins every time.

If you have managed to endure til the end, I would say you're here for a reason.

Comments

Popular Posts